Round these parts, it isn’t the Holiday Season without hot chocolate. And with a foot of snow on the ground already, it’s almost a necessity to warm up after playing outside!
While a steaming cup of hot chocolate is perfectly delicious, if I’m serving it at a party or for my family on Christmas eve, I like to go all out with the toppings.
My hot chocolate dessert board is a take on a charcuterie board but with toppings for your hot chocolate. I’m sharing what I like to use but take it as a starting point for your own and customize it to your own tastes and preferences.
I like to work the toppings around the idea of different flavor combinations. I’m partial to peppermint hot chocolate so I’ve included candy canes, crushed candy cane pieces and chocolate sauce to drizzle over freshly whipped cream.
My husband loves salted caramel hot chocolate so he will load his up with some chewy caramels, lots of whipped cream, sea salt and caramel drizzle on top.
My boys love marshmallows, gingerbread and chocolate so they’ll be all over those toppings!
If you want to keep it simple – you can’t go wrong with a variety of marshmallows and whipped cream. Classic and delicious in every way!
Don’t forget the mugs! My favorite place to pick them up at this time of the year is HomeGoods. They have an amazing selection!
Hot Chocolate Fixins’ Dessert Charcuterie Board
- ½ bag mini marshmallows
- ½ bag colored marshmallows
- 1 cup various chocolate or caramel candies
- 1 cups chocolate covered pretzels
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy pieces
- 1 cup freshly whipped cream
- caramel sauce
- chocolate sauce
- Start by placing 4 bowsl on a large platter. Fill the bowl with the peppermint candy pieces, whipped cream, chocolate chips and chocolate sprinkles.
- Fill in around the bowls with the remaining candies and cookies. It doesn't have to neat, but the idea is for no gaps to be left!
- Dig in and enjoy!