Who doesn’t love lemon desserts? If you’re looking for an easy recipe that will WOW your guests, look no further! This delicious easy no bake lemon tart is simple to make and perfect for summer days when the weather is too hot to turn on the oven. And the best part? It can be made in less than 30 minutes!
This citrusy dessert is perfect for after a meal at home or even to take to a dinner party when you need an elegant dessert that doesn’t require a lot of work. Plus, the tart tastes absolutely delicious, and everyone will love it!
Why This Recipe Works
- This delicious dessert is perfect for warm days in summer because there’s no cooking involved!
- The recipe is easy to follow and doesn’t require any special ingredients or equipment.
- It’s perfect for pairing with any meal and can even make a sweet breakfast
- The freshness of the lemon in this no bake lemon tart is unbeatable
For the crust:
- Graham cracker crumbs make up the base of your no-bake tart and are used to make the tart crust.
- Melted butter will hold the graham cracker crust together and adds terrific flavor.
For the filling:
- Sweetened condensed milk adds an incredible sweetness to the tart filling.
- Fresh lemons (zest and juice) provide the most delicious freshness and tartness to your easy no bake lemon dessert.
- Heavy cream ties all the ingredients together and provides a delectable creaminess that can’t be beaten!
- You can add fresh lemon slices to the top of this tart recipe or any other fresh fruit! It’s really delicious with fresh strawberries or other fresh berries too!
- If you want a tart that is more on the sweet side, add an extra 1/4 cup sugar (powdered sugar works best) to the creamy lemon filling.
- For a tart with less of a lemon flavor, use only the zest of 2 lemons instead of 3.
- To make this recipe into mini tarts, simply press the crust mixture into a muffin tin and fill each cavity with the lemon filling.
- Use coconut cream for the tart filling for a delicious dairy-free version!
- Use gluten free graham crackers for the pie crust for a gluten-free no bake lemon tart.
Add the graham cracker crumbs to a bowl along with the melted butter.
Stir the graham cracker crumb and melted butter mixture well to combine.
Press the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch tart pan and up the sides of the pan using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup. Use a circular piece of parchment paper on the bottom if you wish. Set aside.
Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream, mixing with a hand mixer (or use your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) while you continue to pour the whipping cream in a steady stream.
Transfer mixture into the prepared crust and refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a separate bowl and add the fresh lemon juice and zest of the 3 lemons.
Continue mixing on medium-high speed for 2-3 more minutes until the filling becomes slightly thicker and glossy.
Slice and serve, topping each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and some lemon zest.
Hint: You can use a food processor to make the crust or crush the graham crackers by hand and mix them with the melted butter.
These no-bake lemon tarts taste best when chilled rather than at room temperature. You must chill your tart in order for it to have the proper texture.
You can also make your easy lemon pie ahead of time and store it in the fridge for when you are ready to serve it (wrapped in plastic wrap).
If you are lucky enough to have any leftover tart, you can keep it wrapped well in your fridge for up to two days.
Frequently Asked Questions
If your lemon tart isn’t setting properly, it could be due to not mixing the filling long enough with a hand mixer or stand mixer. It could also be due to not letting it chill long enough. Just be sure to mixture the tart filling well and chill for 6 hours at the very least.
Yes, you can freeze any leftover tart filling that you may have. You will just want to be aware that the overall taste and texture of the filling may change once thawed.
You will love how easy this recipe is to make! The tart base is made with just graham crackers and butter, and the creamy filling contains simple ingredients, including lemon juice, cream, and condensed milk. You can have this tart ready to go in no time!
This tart is the perfect dessert for any occasion, especially on hot summer days! Serve it at your next BBQ, or bring it to a potluck! Of course, it’s also great for Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
If you are looking for an easy recipe that is sure to impress, this Easy No Bake Lemon Tart will definitely be a hit!
Easy No Bake Lemon Tart
- Hand Mixer
For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
For the filling:
- 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 lemons zest and juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add the graham cracker crumbs to a bowl along with the melted butter. Stir well to combine.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of an 8-inch tart pan and up the sides of the pan using the back of a spoon or bottom of a measuring cup. Set aside.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a bowl and add the juice and zest of the 3 lemons.
- Slowly pour in the heavy whipping cream, mixing with a hand mixer (or use your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment) while you continue to pour the whipping cream in a steady stream.
- Continue mixing on medium-high speed for 2-3 more minutes until the filling becomes slightly thicker and glossy.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve, topping each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and some lemon zest.