This homemade mango ice cream tastes like summer and is so easy to make! There's nothing better than the taste of fresh ice cream, especially one that requires few ingredients and doesn't require an ice cream machine!
One of my favorite things to make in warmer weather is homemade ice cream. Not the type that involves a messy ice cream machine, but this no churn version that's so incredibly easy to whip up at home.
I've experimented with several flavors in the past, including this black raspberry and chocolate chip version, but this mango ice cream screams summer to me.
Enjoy it on a cone, or in a bowl and let the kids help you make it! They'll love how delicious their homemade creation is.
Why This Recipe Works
- It requires a few simple ingredients
- It's really quick to make
- There's no nasty artificial ingredients or preservatives
- It tastes like summer!
This recipe couldn't be any simpler!
- Heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk are whipped together to form the ice cream base.
- Then the flavors of vanilla and fresh mango are added in.
So easy and so delicious!
- Embrace the tropical flavors and add some pureed pineapple or banana to the mix.
- Garnish with mint or basil to add the perfect fresh complement.
If you're a visual learner like me, below you'll find step by step process shots to aid you in making your homemade mango ice cream.
In a food processor or blender, puree the diced fresh mango and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the chilled heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Mix in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla.
Fold in the mango puree.
Remove the chilled loaf pan from the freezer and pour the mango ice cream mixture into the loaf pan.
Place the loaf pan back into the freezer for 6-8 hours or until the ice cream is fully set. Once set, scoop into an ice cream cone or bowl and serve!
Store leftover ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4-6 weeks or store in the loaf pan with plastic wrap for up to 1 week. But it won't last that long!
Frequently Asked Questions
This no churn ice cream is scoopable just like store bought, but has a much fresher and intenser flavor! I've never seen mango ice cream in the store that has real mangoes, so there's that, too! Plus, this homemade ice cream isn't full of ice crystals like you find in many store bought versions!
Everyone loves ice cream during the summer months and experimenting making your own at home is such fun. I know you'll love the fresh tropical flavors of this delicious mango ice cream and hopefully you can use it as a starting point to experiment with more of your favorite flavors!
Other Recipes You'll Like
No-Churn Mango Ice Cream
- 3 ripe mangos peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 cups heavy cream cold
- 1 14 - oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- yellow food coloring optional
- ice cream cones for serving
- Place a loaf pan in your freezer to chill.
- In a food processor or blender, puree the diced fresh mango and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the chilled heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the condensed milk, pureed mango and vanilla extra into the whipped cream until just combined. If desired, mix in several drops of yellow food coloring to deepen the yellow color.
- Remove the chilled loaf pan from the freezer and pour the mango ice cream mixture into the loaf pan.
- Place the loaf pan back into the freezer for 6-8 hours or until the ice cream is fully set.
- When ready, scoop into an ice cream cone or bowl and serve, enjoy!