If you need a pancake recipe for a large family or crowd, these oven baked sheet pan pancakes are light, fluffy and so quick to make!
Do you love Sunday morning pancakes but dislike the fact that you’re stuck at the stove while everyone enjoys their pancakes fresh off the griddle? Me too! With this simple sheet pan pancake recipe, you’ll be sitting at breakfast with the rest of your family enjoy delicious pancakes in less than 30 minutes.
Pancakes are such a staple American breakfast tradition. Even though I did not grow up eating them (I’m originally from Ireland), they are one part of American culture that I’ve enjoyed becoming accustomed to.
While I would love to say that I treat my kids to a breakfast of pancakes and bacon every weekend, in reality it’s more like a couple of times during the year. Pancake batter is easy to make in only a matter of minutes, but the process of cooking batches of pancakes on the griddle takes time. The kids and my husband get their flapjacks hot off the stove, and I’m left with cold scraps that I usually end up eating alone!
How to Make Pancakes For a Crowd
If I want to feed a crowd for a holiday breakfast, it’s so time consuming! That’s why I love this sheet pan pancake recipe, it’s perfect for a crowd or a large family! The batter comes together in less than 5 minutes, it gets poured into a sheet pan and baked for 20 minutes. The result? Light and fluffy pancakes that everyone can enjoy!
This recipe is perfect for 5 – 8 adults and kids and results in round 15 large squares. If you need to pancakes for 10, I would double the recipe and use two 18 x 13 sheet pans.
While these pancakes don’t get the lovely golden top that traditional pancakes do, they taste just as good! And on a positive note, they never taste rubbery but are delicious fluffy and buttery.
How to Make These Pancakes Dairy Free
Since I maintain a dairy free diet while I’m nursing (my son has a milk protein allergy), I’ve also made these with oak milk and non-dairy butter and they turned out great! The texture was identical, but the taste wasn’t as buttery, which is to be expected. Of course, when topped with this delicious homemade blueberry sauce, I was none the wiser.
I’m excited to experiment with this easy bake recipe. Next time, I’m going to add blueberries into the batter and of course my kids have already requested a chocolate chip version!
I think these would also be really fun for holidays or birthdays cut out into fun shapes. Use a heart shaped cookie cutter for Valentine’s or a Christmas tree shape during the holidays. I think my kids would adore that!
I can’t wait for you to try these quick and simple sheet pan pancakes! Let me know in the comments how you liked them!
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 6 tablespoons butter melted and partially cooled
- 2¼ cups milk or buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F and butter a standard baking sheet (mine measures 18×13)
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is thoroughly combined. Don't worry if your batter looks lumpy. Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet, and spread it out in an even layer.Allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. It should be puffed up and golden, but won't brown too much on the top.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before cutting into squares and serving with butter, maple syrup or any other toppings you like!